Sunday, August 19, 2012

What a weekend

   Well it has been a few days so I figure I will catch y'all up on my weekend. Let's see Friday night I started having crazy contractions while we were walking through walmart. The contractions are far enough apart not to worry but man they are painful. So we just had a nice easy night with a nice lazy dinner.

   Saturday was a little more fun and a little more painful. We all got up nice and early to hit the door buster sale at sears. Had to buy the hubby a weed whacker. Living on base if we do NOT keep up the house then we will get in trouble. Seriously it is like ruler and measuring strict. So anyway, after that we came home cleaned a bit, though I got put in a chair and told to stay there. So I took and nap while hubby busted hump and worked hard on the house (we are still moving in). I had a breakdown about the house not being ready for the baby. My parents moved up their flights and are coming to save the day. I swear I believe everyone takes their parents for granted but never do!! I made delicious kabobs for dinner. Mmmm steak, potato and corn for the hubs and chicken with mushrooms for baby girl and I. I forgot a pic but here is a quick recipe. And, I mean quick!! The contractions were hurting so bad so luckily this was easy.

Feeds 3

1 steak cut into cubes (I used sirloin)
1 chicken breast cut into cubes
2 large mushrooms quartered
1 russet potato cut into cubes
1 corn on the cob cut into quarters
garlic powder
onion powder
steak seasoning
pepper

- season chicken with garlic, onion and pepper and let sit while you cut veggies and steak
- season steak with steak seasoning and let sit while you chop the veg
- on one skewer skew chicken and mushrooms and set on a plate to chill in the fridge
- on 2 skewers place steak, the potato, then steak, steak and corn. Repeat until full
- grill for 15-25 minutes

The chicken was so tender and juicy, the mushrooms were earthy and amazing. My hubs loved his steak and veggies and used the extras for breakfast!!

   Now onto today 8-19-12

   Baby girl woke us up at 6am. A little earlier then usual but hey it was a great start to the day. So she came in to snuggle and dada asked if she wanted to go fishing. She was so excited to go until she learned that I wasn't going. It took a little convincing but she realized it'd be ok without mama. So her and dada set off and out the door for fishing at 7. This mama got to stay home. It was so weird. I laid there and read a book, played a couple games, showered and got myself breakfast. But, by 9am I was lonely and bored. I am a total mommy and wifey. By 9am it was also raining and stormy so it was nice to see the hubs and baby girl come through the door. By 11am though the storms had passed and we decided to go for another fishing adventure. Yeah I tagged along :) BUT, when leaving we were stopped by 4 sheriffs deputies with m4's pointed at OUR truck. We had to put our hands up and pull over. Come to find out they were trying to find a homicidal/suicidal guy that went running back towards where we were fishing with a loaded weapon. YIKES. Thank the Lord for watching over us. So yeah needless to say after fishing we picked up dinner cause my contractions were NUTS.

  So that was my weekend. I hope y'alls was as great and adventurous as mine. Have a great week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment