Monday, August 13, 2012

Here we go

Well it has been a while since I have been on here. Wow 7 months!! Well since I last posted we have moved, got pregnant, the hubs graduated bct and phase 1 of AIT. Life has been a whirl wind but oh so magical.

 I have decided to change up this blog a bit. Instead of just the life of a bander this blog will be about all my life, ramblings, exercise, food and anything else I can think of or feel at that time. There will be posts about getting my 3 year old daughter ready for preschool next year, along with activities that her and I decide to do. It will also have posts involving our new miracle baby boy that will be coming next month.

 Some days you may just get the crazy ranting and ravings of an Army wife doing a lot of the day to day stuff on her own. Or of a bander that is tired of the same ole same ole food or work outs that are getting annoying. It just depends on where I am at on this wild ride we call life. But, I hope that you'll ride along with me.

 So sit down, hang on and let's go!!

By the way if you didn't catch before..... We pcs'd from CO to gorgeous FL




8-13-12

  So today while thinking about restarting this blog I set up "school" for my daughter. We are working on A-H of the alphabet. And, we are working on saying our numbers 1-20 in English and ASL. Once she gets writing the whole alphabet down we will be working on writing numbers. Later this week we are introducing color matching. She has gotten really good with her colors but still gets a few mixed up so we are going to work on it. For colors I am going to try something off Pinterest I found. If it works out I will be posting it here.
 
   Along with school, we cleaned, and got rid of half her toys. Let me tell you apparently the Army will break all the important things and lose things like carseats but they can't misplace a few toys to help a mama out!! We went form 5 boxes of teddy bears to 1 and went from a large overflowing toy box to just half a toy box full of toys. But, I have noticed with cleaning.......things have to get messy before they nice and clean. Nesting while high risk and "trying" to take it easy is a pain.

  Oh and on a side note.....lizards..... Florida lizards are trying to live in my house!! I am to the point that the next gecko that comes into my house is going into a cage. I swear lizards and cockroaches are going to take over my house!!  At least we got the red ants and sugar ants taken care of. I just pray that our next duty station does NOT have lizards.

  Now, onto this pregnancy while banded. I still have 6.5cc in my band. Luckily I had no morning sickness this time around so I got to keep my fill. I had to lower the protein, up the calories and carbs. It is weird being able to drink while I eat. I think once I have this baby and get back to normal bander rules it will be really interesting. I still eat moderately healthy, I say moderately because I do give into cravings. I learned with my daughter if I don't I am a grump!!

  Tonight I am making homemade chili. Starting from scratch with just raw ingredients (except the canned red kidney beans because I didn't want to soak the beans myself today).  I figured I would share the recipe in here incase anyone wanted to snag it. It is band friendly and high protein plus my whole family loves it

1 lg steak tomato
1/4 purple onion
2 cloves garlic
salt
pepper
dried oregano leaves
dried parsley
dried basil
paprika
chili powder.

I take these ingredients to start the chili. Just chop the onion and tomato really small. Then grate in the garlic with a zest grater, if you you do not have a zester just mince or paste the garlic. Toss them into the crockpot with about 1 tbsp (it seems like a lot but is not) of each seasoning. Then let them go for an hour on high.

Pic after 1hr

1lbs ground beef
 just break this up on top of the "stewed" tomatoes you made and let go for 45 minutes together.
Pic of meat added in

Pic 45 mins after meat went in

3 cans of kidney beans (you can use dried and soak them yourself), drain all liquid off and toss ontop of the meat. Let cook for 2-3 hours on low. Nummy nummy.

Beans added


I will be making homemade fries to go with this for the family with shredded cheese and sour cream on top.

1 comment: