Monday, May 20, 2013

Bad choices and Fun mornings

   Well last night I had a snack attack. Well let's just start by saying this morning I am feeling the effects of that horrible decision. I had tuna and lettuce along with a handful of chili cheese fritos. So not the right choice when trying to stay with liquids and softs. I did not pb BUT I can tell I am stuck because I could not take my pills this morning. I am now sipping on some warm strawberry tea and burping like crazy. Why do I let my mind get away with me? Why do I have no will power at times? These are things I have to think of. Last night the snack attack was all bordem I am sure.

   Onto a more fun topic. Hubs went to work this morning, so my babies and I are hanging out. Well of course they are both hungry so we decided a picnic breakfast on the floor was the best option. All the while watching Jake and the Netherland Pirates. So we are having a picnic adventure!! :)

   Now I have decided that along with my daily ramblings of life, love and living banded I am going to post a daily recipe. I love food, as you all know, so I thought I would post on the topic. I may also do a weekly weigh in with pictures and stats so y'all can keep me accountable.


Recipe of last night:
 Baked spaghetti

 Meat sauce
 1 lb ground beef
 1/4lb sausage (this can be country, Italian, pork, turkey or chicken)
 1/2 jar of your favorite marinara sauce
 1 tbsp mixed herbs (1/4 tbsp oregano, parsley, basil and rosemary)
* brown meat and drain fat. Add in herbs and marinara and let simmer for 5 minutes.

Cheese sauce
  1 tbsp butter
 3/4 tbsp flour
 1 cup milk
 2 cups cheese (mozz and colby is what I mixed but you can do any pair you like)
 salt
 pepper
*melt butter and whisk in flour. add in milk and whisk for 3 minutes. Slowly whisk in cheese and add salt and pepper to taste. Whisk on med/hi heat for 5 minutes. Pull of heat and let stand. Sauce will thicken the longer it sits

Pasta
 1/2 box spaghetti boiled to aldente.

Assemble like you would a lasagna. Marinara, noodles, cheese sauce, marinara, noodles, cheese sauce marinara, noodles and top off with a little shredded mozz. Bake at 425 for 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment