Sunday, May 19, 2013

Update(s)

     Wow it has been a while. Baby boy was born, hubby graduated school, we PCS'd and I have gotten back to my lapband life.
     Man September was my last update, 6 days after my last update I had my son. I tried a birthcontrol (Implanon) after having my son which caused me to gain. I had my son at 294lbs and got down to 274lbs before having my bc put in. After the bc was in I went back up to 298lbs so I had it removed. I am now on the pill and losing again. I weighed in at 265lbs this morning. I have been having a HORRIBLE time with my band and weather and the change in the altitude. I have pb'd more then ever. I am back onto liquids and soft solids. So far so good. I will be slowly adding more solid proteins into my diet but when I say slowly I mean this may take months. I still have to find a lapband doctor here and get back on track with a doctor.
    Ok well onto other news baby boy was born and is now nearly 8 months old. Hubby graduated EOD school and is headed off into the really army. Due to OPSEC that is all that will be said on that subject. Baby girl will be starting preschool this year along with dance hopefully.

    Well anyway that is what has been going on. This blog is going to become the ramblings of me. It will be a journal of life and love and living.

  PS yesterday we went to a bbq and I made some semi homemade cranberry banana nut scone muffins with  cheesecake frosting. Here is the recipe


   1 pkg banana nut muffin mix
   1 pkg cranberry bread mix
   2 eggs
   1/3 c oil
   1 c apple juice
   1/2 c milk

Mix all the ingredients together and bake at 425 for 8 mins per batch


frosting:
  1/4 pkg cream cheese
  1 squeeze honey
  1/4 c butter
  2 tsp vanilla
  2 cup powdered sugar (may not use them all)

mix cream cheese, honey, butter and vanilla together then slowly (1/4c at a time) add in powdered sugar until it is thickened to a frosting consistency.

Once muffins are cooled frost and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment