Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Conquering hunger!!

  I am going to start by saying, I ROCKED it today!! When everyone was getting and eating candy I ate some all natural unsalted nuts. Protein packed and plentiful... Well 1oz but it was GREAT!! I am just so stinking proud of myself. Then because I wanted to have something a little sweet I had a sugar free 10 calorie tapioca pudding. Seriously not to toot my own horn but I ROCKED!!

   Onto other news.... I got an interview at Dunkin Donuts which I was super excited about (got the call yesterday) just for my husband to come home tonight to tell me there was a family thing I have to attend tomorrow from morning to afternoon. Yeah thanks army. So I called the supervisor and left a message. I don't anticipate a call back to reschedule the interview. Oh well God has a plan and I just have to wait and see what it is. Although frustrated I am pretty excited for this thingy tomorrow.


   Well I think that is it for today. Besides errands, calling poison control, new news and old news the day was pretty slow. I made delicious marinated bbq pork chops that my husband grilled. I also made a FANTASTIC southwest pasta salad with cilantro dressing. PS the cilantro was from our garden and was 100x better then store bought. So tonight I will end with 2 postings. 1 will be the pic of the nut mix I ate... super delish everyone try it and the second will be a recipe of the pasta... SERIOUSLY try it you will LOVE it

Southwest pasta salad

3 thin slices of purple onion
1/2lb of tri color veg pasta
1 roma tomato
1/2 cucumber peeled
1/2 can red kidney beans
1/2 can white beans
1/2 can corn
Cilantro (to taste)
2 heaping tbsp ranch
2 tbsp milk
salt
pepper

Boil pasta to aldente. While pasta is boiling drain all water off beans and corn and let sit. Chop cumcumber, onion and tomato to uniform size, about the size of the beans or a bit smaller. Although with the onion I minced mine and it was perfect. Toss cilantro, milk and ranch into blender and blend until thoroughly mixed. Let the dressing sit for 5-15 min. Toss all vegetables with salt and pepper and let sit. Once pasta is ready drain and cool under cold water. Drain all water from pasta and toss in with veg mix. Toss with the cilantro dressing and chill 10-20 mins before serving.  **I think I will add a sprinkle of queso fresco or montery jack into the pasta next time for a little extra tang and texture.


Perfect snack!!

No comments:

Post a Comment